Gamers, how are your wallets feeling?
Regardless, it’s about to get a whole lot lighter since yesterday (19 Nov) marks the release of the Playstation 5.
We’re a week late to the party compared to the US, but we finally have the next-gen Sony console in our grasp.
And it seems that Singapore is partying pretty hard for its release too.
Gardens By The Bay Light Up
It’s pretty grand.
Playstation Asia released a video on Facebook earlier this morning featuring a light up at Gardens By the Bay.
The video starts out with panned shots over the Gardens that we usually see.
However, it quickly turns into an explosion of blue lights and various Playstation related imagery.
It’s a pretty neat way to start off the console’s lifespan.
You can watch the whole thing here:
But you know what’s kind of neat as well?
The console price.
The PS5 Price
At least, compared to what it was initially thought to be priced at.
Which was, mind you, slightly over?S$1,000.
Retail price for the PS5 Digital Edition is going for S$599 and the one with an Ultra HD Blu-ray? disc drive is priced at S$729.
So it’s not super cheap, but heaps less than what the anticipated range was at.
But maybe you also noticed the price difference between the two versions of the PS5 and you’re wondering why.
Basically, the Digital Edition has?no disc drive. Users are required to sign into Playstation Network and head to the Playstation Store to purchase and download games.
The latter can run physical copies of games and will also be able to view 4K Blu-ray discs on 4K TV with their console.
Just think of it like?cai png, if you want more meat you have to cough up the extra cash.
Some Games To Try Now
There are already more than a dozen titles at launch for the PS5, so you’ll probably have no shortage of games to choose from.
Some (totally unbiased) games to look out for are:
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- NBA 2K21
- Demon’s Souls
The PS5 also has backwards compatibility with the PS4!
Which means it can run a majority of the PS4 games you might already own, barring some exceptions.
Another Console That Was Released
But of course, much like Tom and Jerry, mentioning the Playstation brings about mentions of another console series.
Namely, the Xbox Series X and S that was released over a week ago on 10 Nov.
The larger one, Series X, is priced at S$699 while Series S will be priced at S$459.
They’re also similar to the two PS5s in a way.
The Series S also only supports digital copies of games while Series X takes it further by supporting physical copies and can go up to 4k resolution and has a 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray.
It just gets even harder to choose.
Featured Image: Aldeca Productions / Shutterstock.com & Facebook (PlayStation Asia)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day