2 Massive Fires Broke Out in 3 Hours in 2 Different Industrial Areas


From about 9pm on Tuesday to 12:30am on Wednesday, two fires broke out in two different industrial estates.

A fire broke out at an industrial estate in Eunos, affecting three units along a row of terrace workshops at about 9:15pm on 2 April, while another broke out three hours later at Defu Lane at about 12:20am on 3 April.

Here’s what happened:

First Fire: Eunos Industrial Estate

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) reported on Facebook that they received an alert about a fire at 1049 Eunos Avenue 6 around 9:15 pm and found a severe fire affecting three units in a row of terrace workshops upon arrival.

Firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, entered the smoke-filled units after controlling the fire to find its origin.

They discovered the roof of one of the units had collapsed.

The fire, involving building materials and office equipment in the three units, took about four hours to extinguish.

This incident also caused heat and smoke damage to two nearby units. The SCDF deployed about 70 firefighters and 19 emergency vehicles to the scene. At the operation’s peak, they used nine water jets, an aerial water monitor, and an unmanned firefighting machine. No injuries were reported.

The SCDF also issued an advisory via the SGSecure mobile app and to M1, StarHub, and Singtel subscribers in the immediate vicinity, urging the public to avoid the area.

Police cordoned off the area and spoke with occupants of the affected units to gather information.

Second Fire: Defu Lane

The other fire at Defu Lane early on 3 April morning sent a firefighter to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) also reported in a Facebook post that another individual was taken to Sengkang General Hospital due to the fire.

The SCDF received an alert about the fire at Block 30 Defu Lane 9 around 12:20 am. According to the SCDF, the fire at Defu Lane involved the contents of a two-story industrial building.

19 emergency vehicles and about 70 firefighters were dispatched, and the fire was under control in about two hours.


Before the SCDF’s arrival, five individuals had already evacuated the building.

Among them, two were assessed for smoke inhalation; one was taken to Sengkang General Hospital, while the other declined hospital treatment.